Waltham Forest Hockey Club has been based at the Walthamstow Academy for more than four years. All training sessions are held at the Academy. With matches held here or at the Lea Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre, both locations are within the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
Walthamstow Academy– Billet Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 5DP
This link will take you to a map showing our location.
By car (use postcode E17 5DP for Sat Nav or route planners)Directions from A406 (A10) N London:
1. Head west on A406/N Circular Rd towards A12, M11
2. Take the exit towards Chingford/Walthamstow/A112
3. At the roundabout, take the 5th exit onto B179 – Billet Road (marked “local traffic”)
4. Academy entrance is on the right after orange CLC buildingDirections from A406 N Circular Road (M11,A12, A13): (From M11 – At end of motorway keep in right hand lane, then merge onto North Circular Road – A406 – signposted North Circular (W), Walthamstow)
1. On A406, head west/towards A10
2. After the M11, take the exit towards Chingford/Walthamstow/A112
3. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto B179 – Billet Road (marked “local traffic”)
4. Academy entrance is on the right after orange CLC buildingDirections from A503 (Forest Road) Blackhorse Road tube station (Victoria Line):
1. At Blackhorse Road tube station crossroads, turn onto Billet Road – B179 towards A406
2. Continue for approx 1.5 miles
3. Academy entrance is on the left after Kimberley Road
Tube station: Blackhorse Road
Railway station: Walthamstow Central
Serving routes: 158, W11
Nearest bus stop is right outside the Academy on Billet Road
Or you could get a bus to the Crooked Billet roundabout and walk two minutes from there
For help planning your journey, use the Transport for London journey planner
For the 2016-17 season our post-match teas are held at The Warrant Officer, 318 Higham Hill Road, Walthamstow, E17 5RG.The pub is a 2 minute drive or a 20 minute walk from the pitch. There is parking on the residential streets behind the pub.
From the club, take a right out of the car park onto Billet Road, continue over first mini-roundabout. At the next mini-roundabout take the 1st exit onto Higham Hill Road, the pub is approximately 200m on the left.