As the season begins, make sure you’ve read the guidance below, ensure your attendance at sessions is recorded and please get in touch immediately if you have any Covid symptoms.
The WFHC Covid Officer is Alastair Cole who can be reached on email@example.com and 07713 782887.
- ‘Rule of six’ off the pitch
- Match Day Checklist
- General guidance
- Self-screen requirements
- Test and Trace / Quarantine / Local Lockdown
- Venue specific details: Walthamstow Academy
- Venue specific details: Lee Valley Hockey & Tennis Centre
- Visiting Teams
‘Rule of six’ off the pitch
When off the pitch, participants must remain in socially distanced (2m) groups of no more than 6 people. Each group must be clearly separate from another and not mix. This includes whilst waiting to access the pitch, after you have finished your session/match and left the pitch.
Match day checklist
- Travel smart
- Go in your kit with the same group and follow government guidelines
- Keep your distance
- Maintain social distancing at 2m in groups of max 6 when not playing
- Clean hands and cover mouths
- Bring hand sanitiser and a facemask for toilets. Clean your hands during breaks
- Follow pitch access rules
- See venue specific guidance for one-way systems and entrance and exit gates. Groups do not enter the pitch until the previous session has cleared out. No hanging around after play.
- Keep the information flowing
- Ensure your attendance at sessions is recorded, and get in touch immediately if you have any Covid symptoms.
All players must have signed England Hockey’s ‘Participation Agreement’ before entering the field of play for training sessions or matches. We advise that all participants consult the following England Hockey guidance:
- England Hockey
- Short video outlining Return To Play Guidelines (YouTube, 4m21s)
Each participant should self-screen prior to arrival at any activity to ensure they do not have any of the following symptoms (confirmed by a parent for those under age 18), as these are highly suspicious of COVID-19 infection.
- Been in close contact/living with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the previous 2 weeks
- A fever/high temperature above 37.8C
- A new continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- A sore throat
- Loss of or change in normal sense of taste or smell
- Feeling generally unwell
If you have been living with a confirmed case, follow PHE guidance on household isolation. Do not attend hockey activity whilst isolating.
Test and Trace / Quarantine / Local Lockdown
If you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and advised to self isolate, you must follow that guidance and not attend any hockey activity until the isolation period ends.
If you are subject to quarantine / local lockdown you must act in accordance with that guidance. Do not attend any hockey activity until quarantine ends or lockdown advice is amended. This applies even if you are not showing symptoms.
Venue specific details: Walthamstow Academy
Venue specific details: Lee Valley Hockey & Tennis Centre
In addition to the advice above, please note:
- Ensure that all participants (players. coaches, managers, physios etc.) have completed the EH Participation Agreement
- Ensure your participants have performed a self-screen health assessment before leaving home
- Forward your attendance register to your club Covid Officer for forwarding to EH Track and Trace.