Hockey is officially back from Tuesday 30th March! There are plenty of opportunities to get involved at the level you feel comfortable with, whether that be training, social hockey, casual leagues or volunteering.
This is a great time for new players to join and we welcome new players of all ages and all abilities. Find out more here and email email@example.com with any questions and to let us know you’re interested.
Training at Walthamstow Academy
Tuesdays @ 20.00 – Ladies’ 1s & 2s
Wednesdays @ 20.00 – Men’s 3s, 4s, & 5s
Thursdays @ 20.00 – Ladies’ 3s & 4s
Thursdays @ 20.00 Men’s 1s & 2s (held at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre)
Starts on Saturday 3rd April at Walthamstow Academy, please bring £3 to cover pitch hire costs. Let Kat know you’re coming via Spond.
Session #01: 10:10am – 11:30am Session #02: 11:40am – 1:00pm
Local leagues arranged by Lee Valley
We have entered 3 Men’s and 3 Ladies’ to play on Saturdays.
Games will start on Sat 10th April and will be played at Lee Valley, Ashton, Ive Farm, John Orwell, Mile End, Redbridge and possibly Old Loughts.
We’ve also entered two Mixed sides and will update the club with details coming from Lee Valley once the main leagues are sorted.
Will be running on Mondays from 7pm to 8pm until the end of May. Covid has forced these sessions outside onto the pitch at WA and we are in need of one or two volunteers to join the gang. If you can spare some time on a Monday evening to support our disability hockey initiative, please email David.
COVID Rules & Guidance
Remember: Please do follow our Covid-19 Guidance for Participants. We want to continue to play hockey for as long as possible, so it is important as a club, we do what we can to prevent the spread.
- Travel smart. Please remember to arrive at matches changed and ready to play. Try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or social bubble (government guidelines updated 29 March)
- Keep your distance. Maintain social distancing at 2m in groups of max 6 when NOT playing. When playing remember: no huddles!
- Clean hands and cover mouths. Bring hand sanitiser and a facemask for toilets. Clean your hands during breaks. There should be no sharing of protective hockey facemasks.
- Follow pitch access rules. See venue specific guidance for one-way systems and entrance and exit gates (The Academy, Lee Valley). Groups do not enter the pitch until the previous session has cleared out. No hanging around after play.
- Keep the information flowing. Ensure your attendance at sessions is recorded, and get in touch immediately if you have any Covid symptoms.
For any Covid questions please contact our Covid-19 officer Alastair Cole using covidofficer@walthamforesthc.